On Wednesday 24 June CCI will be holding their annual Faculty Research Conference. This will be taking place in the Eldon building and will be an all day event.
In attendance will be keynote speaker, Dr Sally Stewart from Glasgow School of Art giving her talk ‘Designerly Ways of Researching or How to Make Research Sense for Creative Practice’ as well as various speakers from all four schools in the Faculty. This looks to be an engaging event with a varied programme of interesting talks and insights into the research and successful career pathways of colleagues.
The days programme is included below for information. Please book a space via Eventbrite.
Programme for the day:
09:00-09:30: Registration and Refreshments – Upper Lobby
09:30-9:45: Introduction – Dr Deborah Shaw, Associate Dean of Research – Lecture Theatre 1.11
09:45-10:30: Keynote Address – Dr Sally Stewart, Glasgow School of Art – Lecture Theatre 1.11
- Designerly Ways of Researching or How to Make Research Sense for Creative Practice
10:30-12:00: Research Journeys: Tales from Early, Mid-career and Senior Researchers – Lecture Theatre 1.11
- Dr Laura MacDonald, Media and Performing Arts, Dr Wendy Powell, Creative Technologies, Dr Justin Smith, Media and Performing Arts
12:00–12:45: Lunch – Room 1.08
12:45-14:00: Parallel Sessions (Panels 1 & 2)
- Panel 1 – New Methodologies and Collaborative Research (EW 1.11)
- Panel 2 – Applied Research and well-being (EW 1.10)
14:00-15:15: Parallel Sessions (Panels 1 & 2)
- Panel 1 – Representation and Conflict (EW 1.11)
- Panel 2 – Intermediality and Interdisciplinary Research (EW 1.10)
15:15–15:45: Refreshments – Upper Lobby
15:45-17:15: Research Leaders Present Their Work – Lecture Theatre 1.11
- Dr Lincoln Geraghty, Media and Performing Arts, Dr Fabiano Lemes de Oliveira, Architecture, Dr Marius Kwint, Art and Design, Professor Catherine Harper, Dean, Creative and Cultural Industries