University staff can claim travel discounts, cycling freebies and find out more about commuting more sustainably at this Travel to Work event.
Date Time and Location
Tue, 19 March 2019
12:00 – 14:00 GMT
Eldon Building Cafe
Commuting by bike, bus, train, ferry or foot may help you save time and money, improve your fitness, reduce congestion and improve the city’s air quality.
A range of people, services and offers will be available for staff who want to leave the car behind but are not sure what’s the best option for them. The event will include:
- 100 free sets of bike lights and 100 hi vis cycling vests to claim at each event on a first come first served basis for cyclists or those who are thinking of traveling to work by bike
- Free basic bike health check with a bike doctor
- 15% train discount with easit, plus find out more about their plans for staff to be able to buy rail season tickets online
- Park and Ride and First Bus route maps and information, including a new 40% monthly discount on First Bus via direct debit
- Journey planning info and advice from travel coordinators for all travel options, including ferries.
REGISTER for the event to be added to your calendar.