CVAN South East are seeking an experienced freelancer to help boost their regional profile and information sharing in the visual arts sector through their website, social media, a new e-bulletin and live events for artists and professionals in the region.
The Contemporary Visual Arts Network (CVAN) represents and supports a diverse and vibrant visual arts ecology, embracing a broad range of artistic and curatorial practice across the nine English regions.
CVAN South East is a network of fifteen Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisations across the visual arts sector in the southeast region of England. It is organised by a steering group from the membership, and network manager, Oliver Sumner and hosted by Modern Art Oxford. The Chair is Paul Hobson, Director, Modern Art Oxford, and the Deputy Chair is Joanne Bushnell, Director, Aspex. CVAN South East aims to be an effective and authoritative network for the visual arts in the southeast by working collectively and in partnership on strategic projects and programmes, and by sharing learning and information to maximise expertise and creative thinking.
• Platform 2017 – provide marketing support for Platform, CVAN’s well established graduate artist award, and for the growing network of Platform Alumni artists.
• Subscriber Database – to develop and diversify an extended network of professional subscribers.
• Newsletter – to establish a regular e-bulletin that encourages professional dialogue and information sharing in the regional visual arts community.
• Website Refresh – contribute to a review of their two current websites: cvan.org.uk/south-east/ and frameandreference.com/
This will also involve:
• Editing – soliciting and managing regular content for the websites and e-bulletin.
• Events – support on events arrangements, including Eventbrite booking management.
• Social Media – to help maintain activity on our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram channels.
• Liaising with member organisations – helping to collate programme information across the network.
• Writing – produce press releases and copywriting.
• Experience of arts marketing and audience engagement, including managing websites and social media.
• Good verbal and written communicator, able to write lively and accessible copy.
• Able to organise own workload and carry out tasks efficiently.
• High level of proficiency in the English language.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experienced proofreader.
• Knowledge of contemporary visual art.
• Good skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and other applications.
• A commitment to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
• The ability and desire to work well with a wide range of people.
• Awareness of the visual arts sector in the southeast.
• Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Experience of working with images, scaling, changing formats.
• Experience of working with websites, Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter etc.
• This is a temporary part time freelance role, responsible for own tax.
• The role will be managed by the CVAN South East Manager, who is based in Portsmouth. You would be expected to work remotely and be available to attend meetings within the region.
• Approximately 50 days at £120pd (£6,000), July 2017 – March 2018.
• This fee is inclusive of basic admin expenses and local travel. If additional travel is required, expenses may be claimed by agreement.
• Early start date preferred.
To be considered for this role, please send a CV (max two pages) and one page covering letter by 14 July to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information please contact Oliver Sumner for an informal chat on: 07722 511286.