The University of Portsmouth’s School of Architecture have developed an exciting residential summer school programme for 2017 that will offer participants the experience of architectural and interior design education at a UK University.
Participants will gain hands-on design experience as it is undertaken in an architectural practice by working on a real life building challenge for a real client (also known as a ‘live’ project).
There are no pre-requisites for this summer school, which is open to applicants over the age of 18 from all over the world. It is for applicants with an interest in gaining ‘real life’ architectural and/or interior design practice experience – including existing architecture or interior design students who are considering a change of school, those who are new to architecture and interior design, recent leavers from colleges and sixth form schools and those contemplating a career change.
Innovation through Architectural Design
25th June – 8th July 2017
This ten-day residential Summer School, including a weekend available for personal travel and sightseeing, will help to prepare you for architectural education in the UK. It offers a real life practice/experience working with a real client.
Course fee (including accommodation) £1,800.
Why take part in this Summer School?
Open to participants from all over the world, the Summer School is for applicants over the age of 18 with an interest in gaining ‘real life’ architectural and/or interior design experience.
- Gain an insight into being an architect and/or interior designer, develop new design skills and your technical ability
- Experience studying in a leading School of Architecture on the South coast of the UK, preparing you for architectural and/or interior design education in the UK
- Share ideas and skills with students from around the world
- Boost your career prospects by working for a real client in a practice environment
- Learn how to utilise straw bale and other sustainable materials using modular building techniques
- Work on a live project with a focus on social engagement and innovative green agenda
- Get hands-on experience using cutting edge facilities in custom built studios and workshops
- Spend time in one of the UKs top summer destinations and undertake a field trip to London
- Receive a transcript of course completion
What is included in the Summer School Fee?
- Full residential provision including accommodation, transportation for field trips and three meals a day
- Field visits and trips to architecturally significant sites in London
- All required materials and access to cutting-edge facilities in the University’s studios and workshop spaces
Please note we are unable to provide flights or visas. You will be responsible for ensuring that these arrangements are made before the course starts.
How to apply
Please book your place online using our online store.
The fee of £1,800 needs to be paid in full at the point of booking. Full terms and conditions on the online store.
The deadline for applications is 01 May 2017.
This course is taught in English and a good understanding of the English language is essential to fully participate in the course. We cannot offer refunds if you are unable to participate fully because of language barriers.
You should ensure that you research all visa requirements with the embassy in your country prior to booking this course and ensure you are able to meet any requirements.
Find out more
If you have any questions, please get in touch. You can email email@example.com, or call +44 (0)23 9284 6450
For more information, visit our Online store.