The Drama & Musical Society and Orchestra are performing at the New Theatre Royal on Friday 4th March for an evening of comedic acting and quality performances.
The show promises to be both hilarious and entertaining, the performance will be Gilbert and Sullivan’s ‘Ruddygore’ which was described by its authors as a “supernatural opera” containing some of Gilbert’s funniest lyrics and Sullivan’s best music.
This will be the societies first show in the newly refurbished Theatre in five years, they will be presenting four performances on Thursday 3rd March (7.30pm), Friday 4th (7.30pm) and Saturday 5th (2.30pm and 7.30pm). Tickets cost £13 and £8 for all UoP students (excludes Saturday evening show which will cost £11). You can purchase your ticket from Colin Jagger in the White Swan Building or vis phone 023 9264 9000, or the New Theatre Royal website
The cast includes:
- Andrew Green as Robin Oakapple (A Young Farmer)
- Jack McGill as Richard Dauntless (His Foster-Brother)
- James Hallett as Sir Despard Murgatroyd (A Wicked Baronet)
- Barnaby Lawrence as Old Adam Goodheart (Robin’s Faithful Servant)
- Ellen McLeod as Rose Maybud (A Village Maiden)
- Victoria Boyce as Mad Margaret
- Charlotte Groves as Dame Hannah (Rose’s Aunt)
- Elena Shaw as Zorah (Professional Bridesmaid)
- Kristen Adler as Ruth (Professional Bridesmaid)
- Andi Bradley as Sir Roderic Murgatroyd (The 21st Baronet)