It’s a child’s toy. It’s the only instrument through which you breathe. It has the power of a locomotive yet sleeps in your pocket and cries like a baby. Ben Hodgeson takes you on a journey of Blues Harmonica, from Germany to Liverpool via the Southern States, discovering some of the greatest players in history.
This Portsmouth Festivities lecture from the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries features:
● A race through harmonica history – from 1847 to C21st
● The day the harmonica got the blues – the birth of ‘Crossharp’
● How Chicago supercharged the harp – Valves, amps & distortion
● Meet the greats – Deford Bailey, Sonny Terry, Rice Miller & today’s beat box bluesers
● Can I play too? – How do I get started and what’s it gonna cost?
£6.00/£4.50 Concessions, book your tickets here
Room EW 1.10