The Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries at the University of Portsmouth share a new graduate vacancy at GymBuddy, a tech start-up company, focused on connecting people through exercise, healthy living and positive mind. They are a mobile app business, bringing fresh ideas to implement new technologies into the world of health and fitness through innovation.
GymBuddy are currently putting together a team that will develop the foundations of their business and each team member will be playing a large part in helping to disrupt a thriving market.
The ideal candidate will be able to create captivating video content for both our users and partners. Working alone and also closely within the team, you will be responsible for growing the GymBuddy brand and presence across multiple social platforms. You will be expected to creatively conceptualise new ideas; shooting video, and editing content captured in both indoor and outdoor environments. We are looking for the next Sam Kolder.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys visiting new locations whilst having freedom to show off their artistic flair without the constraints of a typical ‘nine to five’ job. You will have the chance to grow with the business and gain experience at this stage of conception.
Video filming, interviewing and editing promotional material at different locations, to
- Manage and deliver organic social media content
- Lead projects to create engaging stories of people, events and venues
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure all content being produced is compelling and on-brand
- Identify trends and opportunities to ensure PR content stays fresh and contemporary
- Manage the workflow within the department ensuring projects are delivered within deadlines
- Degree in relevant subject.
- 2+ years of experience as filmmaker/videographer.
- Photoshoot planning and storyboarding.
- Experience scouting locations, art direction, scheduling, lighting & outsourcing additional equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of modern camera systems, shooting and editing.
- Proficiency in video editing software tools (e.g. Adobe Premiere, Avid, After Effects, Creative Suite).
- Must be familiar with online and social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc)
- Great communicator with strong command of both written and spoken English.
- Must be into health & fitness and aware of progress within the industry.
- Open to new ideas and enjoy working with a creative and commercial team.
- Self-motivated, creative, well-organized.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- A team-player and able to work independently to tight deadlines.
- Residence in Portsmouth is beneficial but must be able to travel to different locations.
- Must have right to live and work in UK.
- Full UK driving licence.
Why work for GymBuddy?
We want to create a great environment for people to work in and want everyone to enjoy working for GymBuddy. Benefits include:
- Freedom– You’ll get to frequently film at different locations around the UK and even abroad.
- Free Gym membership– Be a subscriber on our network and have access to different gyms across the country.
- Grow with the company– As a start-up, you will play a big role within our business. As we grow, so will your role.
£22,000 per annum plus benefits.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter, and links to examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 27th August 2019.