Winchester-based architect jets off to California as part of a once-in-a-lifetime exchange

The Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries is proud to share, University of Portsmouth Architecture graduate, Charlotte Goodman-Simpson, took part in Hyphen’s international exchange programme with their California-based alliance partner, MBH Architects.

Charlotte, who is usually based in Hyphen’s Winchester office, switched places with fellow architect, John Chavez, from San Francisco, and spent four weeks experiencing new cultures and different ways of working.

Speaking about the exchange, Charlotte said:

“This is a fantastic career opportunity that I couldn’t resist applying for. San Francisco has always been on my bucket list and I’m excited to get a taste of the US culture, meet new people and experience a city that is so different to the one I currently live in. In preparation, I have ‘Escape from Alcatraz’ and ‘The Rock’ lined up ready to watch, flowers for my hair (Scott McKenzie), and most importantly, a conversion table for imperial to metric measurements!” 

Follow Charlotte’s journey on social media via Hyphen’s LinkedInTwitter and Instagram.

Leave your thought