Architecture Student Receives RIBA Part 1 Bursary

The University of Portsmouth, Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries is thrilled to share the success of School of Architecture student, Ellen Day, who has won the Part 1 RIBA Bursary. 

Ellen Day is a BA1 Architecture student, and is one of four students in the UK to have won the Part 1 RIBA Bursary.

Ellen, who is extremely pleased with her accomplishment, said:

” For many the financial pressures associated with studying can have prohibitive, and midway through my first year I was very close to dropping out due to the need to sustain a certain level of income. With the help of this bursary, in my second and third year I can focus on my training, and I feel much more optimistic about the future.

“My personal tutor, Roberto Braglia, was extremely supportive of my application, and I am grateful to the RIBA for giving me the opportunity to make the most of my time here at the University of Portsmouth.”

The official RIBA press release can be found here.

Katie Clarke

Katie Clarke is a Media Studies Student, currently on her Placement Year, working as Promotions Assistant for the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries, at the University of Portsmouth.

Leave your thought