CCI E&I Ambassador – final update

As I reflect on my placement year working with the Enterprise and Innovation team, I feel a sense of achievement looking at what I have managed to accomplish in the past ten months.

The skills and knowledge I have acquired from this experience are invaluable for my future in the creative industries.  Exposure to software packages such as Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress have been vital and I can safely say I have improved significantly over my placement.

It was another successful year for Innovolvement, boasting numerous sessions around meaningful topics. The organisation and running of Innovolvement taught me the importance of having a plan in place from the start with clear steps laid out for the smooth running of events and projects. We had panic moments but managed to overcome every one of them and host fantastic, impactful events.

Elsewhere, my success has included the creation of multiple graphic design projects such as leaflets, posters, social media banners, and infographics.

Over the last couple of months, I have focussed on the Enterprise & Innovation website and social media avenues which are used to promote projects the Enterprise and Innovation team are working on and to inform stakeholders of news and upcoming events. I have also been writing various blog articles for different members in E&I which have featured in the staff newsletters and CCI Faculty’s Creative Space.

I am delighted to say that PONToon (Partnership Opportunities using New Technologies fostering sOcial and ecOnomic inclusion) has been approved by Interreg VA France (Channel) England and started on Wednesday 7th June 2017. I have been working on the communication side of the project designing flyers, writing press releases and creating a web page as a placeholder until the official website is created.

In my own time, I have been freelancing in logo design, and have successfully worked with the University of Portsmouth Quidditch team and Todo – an online volunteering enterprise where students can apply their skills in projects that support environmental charities.

What’s happening in my future? Well first I need to finish my degree in Digital Media, then I plan to move into a Junior Digital Designer role for a design agency. From there I will build up my portfolio before hopefully moving into a more senior role or going out on my own.

The last 10 months working with the Enterprise and Innovation team has been the best experience and am delighted to say that I will be carrying on working here on a casual basis whilst in my final year.

Article by Charlie Iceton 

Leave your thought