April 27th saw the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries attend the Student Union’s annual Teaching & Learning Awards, receiving five awards across the evening.
Simon Brookes, Interim Dean for CCI at the time of the event, has said: “This is an exceptional achievement and a testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff, working in collaboration with our students, in ensuring that we provide the best possible learning experience for all who study with us.”
- Best Feedback (Runner-up) – Dr Lincoln Geraghty – School of Media and Performing Arts
- Best Personal Tutor – John Caro – School of Media and Performing Arts (out of 120 nominations)
- Student & Staff Collaboration Award – Dan McCabe and Karen Van Zyl – Art & Design (Karen is a Level 6 Graphic Design Student)
- Most Engaged UAB Member (Runner Up) – Rhianon Jenkins (CCI Faculty Rep)
- Overall Impact – Susan Noble – Art & Design (out of 139 nominations)
We offer our congratulations to all winners and nominees of the evening.