Welcoming our new Cluster Ambassador

Ms Natalie Poole, the new Ambassador for the Cluster for Sustainable Cities at the University of Portsmouth began her role with the research group this img_1138September.

Natalie is a talented Graphic Design student in the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries and will be working with the Cluster full-time for the next 10 months. The Cluster for Sustainable Cities is an interdisciplinary research hub looking at the development and integration of sustainable technology for better urbanisation models to achieve more liveable cities. She will be assisting Professor Steffen Lehmann with all aspects of activities in the Cluster, including design work, marketing activity and event support, and will act as the point of contact and information for visitors to the University at events associated with the Cluster.

“I found the placement through Creative Careers here at the University, and applied as the job will give me valuable experience working in the industry,” says Natalie. “It means that I will have a greater understanding of working in a professional environment, research methodologies and put into practice what I’ve learnt on my course. I’m very excited to learn more about sustainability, and work closely with such a great team!”

Professor Steffen Lehmann says “I am extremely delighted that we have an enthusiastic Ambassador supporting the work of the Cluster and look forward to having her as part of a productive team.”

The Cluster have also recently launched their website, featuring information on the Cluster’s research members.

Leave your thought