Pompey Ladies collaboration with Television & Broadcasting students results in a live transmission

Since November 2015, the Faculty of the Creative and Cultural Industries have been working with Pompey Ladies football team. A group of BSc (Hons) Television & Broadcasting students filmed the majority of  this season’s home games and created highlights packages each week for the team’s promotional use. 

It has been a fantastic collaboration between eager students wanting experience in live sports filming and Pompey Ladies needing some high standard highlights packages which the students have done a brilliant job with.

The students that were involved are Kevin Hoare, Marcus Rutter, Cash O’Sullivan, Ed Ryding, Olly Ray, Jake Ives and James Ashton. You can read the students’ comments about the project below.

Cash O’Sullivan “Refreshing, nice to work with non academics, felt like a real job.”

Kevin Hoare “My experience working with Pompey Ladies was great. Sports broadcasting is an area that I would be looking to work in, so this has helped me gain some knowledge and learn some new skills. It was a very rewarding experience and I would recommend it to others who want to get into sports broadcasting.”

Marcus Rutter “I enjoyed doing it, doing voluntary work has definitely helped me both with my course and with building a CV for when I graduate.”

The highlights filming opportunity led to the students inviting Pompey Ladies to be part of their Live, off site broadcast which took place Tuesday 3rd May at 3pm in Fratton Park as part of their third year exam.

The relationship formed between the students and Pompey Ladies shall hopefully carry on next year, giving more TVB students the opportunity to gain better skills in live sports filming while promoting Pompey Ladies for another great season.

Leave your thought