Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me: UOP Art Shop staff member, Becky Jerams’ new book

Becky Jerams, working in the University of Portsmouth Art Shop located in Eldon Building, has written an e-book titled Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me.

Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me is a young adult novel that has just been released on Amazon Kindle as an e-book – and currently has reached Number 4 on the YA LGBT new releases chart.

Becky has said, “I started off writing the story on a free-read website called Wattpad and to my great surprise, it was a big success on there gaining me 2.4 million reads and thousands of positive comments from young readers across the world. Because of the response I’ve had on there, I decided to release the story as an official e-book and I’m currently trying to spread the word with audiences outside of Wattpad.”

The book is aimed at a young adult audience and focuses on a gay teenager called Scotty and his complicated love life whilst at sixth form college.

The UOP staff member also added, “I wanted to try and aim the story at people from all walks of life and give a positive message about acceptance and self-worth. I love writing about social issues and have had many teenagers message me saying the book helped them in some ways or changed their opinions about equal rights.”

The front cover was designed by local artist Kendal James.

“Scotty Williams is the nerdiest 17-year-old at Havensdale College – and proud of it. However being a nerd can have its downsides, particularly when you’re constantly being targeted by the school bully Taylor Raven and his cronies. As Scotty tries to navigate his final college years with the aid of his best friend Olive, he also finds himself on the radar of the mysterious and intimidating Vincent Hunter, toughest guy in the Sixth Form. Is Vincent really as bad as he seems? Will Scotty’s darkest secret ever be revealed? Can he ever just finish his last few college years in peace? But most importantly… will any guy ever find the reasons to love a nerd like him?

The Wattpad hit “Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me” by Becky Jerams comes to Kindle for the first time in a new and improved edition. With over 2.4 million reads and counting, the first draft has resonated with readers across the world and been compared to authors such as John Green and David Levithan. Recommended for fans of teen drama and unconventional romance.”

Leave your thought