The Much Ado About Portsmouth (MAAP) Shakespeare festival will be held across Portsmouth in April next year (2016), and they are looking for a great logo!
MAAP stems from a University of Portsmouth initiative, and is supported by Portsmouth City Council and the New Theatre Royal, amongst a host of other organisations and groups across the city.
Entrants are encouraged to submit logo designs created as a vector image in Adobe Illustrator (free 30-day trial available via Adobe.com), CorelDRAW (free 30-day trial available via coreldraw.com), or Inkscape (free from inkscape.org), but will accept non-vector images produced in PNG and Jpeg formats.
Please bear the following in mind when devising logos:
- A key focus of the festival is community, and bringing the different communities of Portsmouth together.
- There should also be good appeal to non-locals, in terms of bringing in tourism from outside Portsmouth to help boost our city’s cultural and trade profiles.
- There is no set colour scheme or shape, but entrants should consider what kind of impact the design choices will have.
- The logo should be clear and easy to understand – although that doesn’t mean it can’t be clever! Simple but meaningful works well in branding.
- A great logo will look good and be legible at all sizes.
Entrants must be 16 years or older, and in full or part-time education. Entries can be submitted via email (MAAP@port.ac.uk) or post, and should include the following details: full name, current address and telephone number, and school/college/university.
The deadline for entries is 30 June 2015, at 23:59, and the winning entry will be announced on the festival Facebook page by 1 August 2015.
By submitting an entry, it is agreed for the design to be used for all festival publicity. For full Terms and Conditions, please see the Much Ado About Portsmouth Facebook page. Follow the conversation on Twitter too.