Fashion and Textile Design with Enterprise graduate creates roller skating clothing brand

A recent BA (Hons) Fashion and Textile Design with Enterprise graduate has produced her own brand of clothing, designed mainly for roller skating teams.

Chloe Hood, who graduated in 2013, set up her own business, Hoodlum Fang, after completing an enterprise course at the University ‘Into the Cell Block’ whilst studying for her degree. Chloe is currently working part-time to support her business but hopes to make it a full time venture in the future. So what is Hoodlum Fang? Chloe told us that Hoodlum Fang is a lifestyle and sportswear brand inspired by punk rock, extreme sports and grrrl power. She got the inspiration from following the local Roller Derby team, ‘The Portsmouth Roller Wenches’.

She explains: “The team and its supporters have become great friends of mine over the years and my main support network for my business. The relationship started while I was in my final year of University. I used skating as an outlet for my creativity and used the inspiration I gained from the imagery of the sport in my designs. Hoodlum Fang promises easy to wear spandex and jersey garments made from the highest quality digitally printed fabrics, designed and crafted to the highest standards by myself. Everything is so easy to wear from statement tees, bold printed leggings and soft jersey miniskirts.”

10357116_779857342048223_1133570897323425858_n

Chloe goes on to say: “I believe there are a lot of things wrong with the fashion industry. Big design houses tend to overlook issues such as size 0 models and child labour/fair wage laws for garment making and construction. I like to be more ethical with my business so all my fabrics are printed in the UK, I make the garments myself and all the companies I work with are UK based.”

Images by Phil Tickner and Dominic Smith (Outerfield Photography)

Leave your thought